This Three Wheeled Terroor isn’t Techinically a Car…So What is It?
Once upon a time there was a little automobile manufacturer that did things a lot differently.
How different? How about wooden frames? Aluminum bodies spaped like u-boats? Air-cooled motorcycle engines on the outside of the body?
Yes, we’re talking the iconic British manufacturer Morgan – who have come and gone more than a few times over the 100 or-so-year history of the motor vehicle. They always manufactured vehicles with craftsmanship and quality at the forefront, even though that didn’t always translate to sales.
Started in 1911 – Morgan originally went out of business in 1959. With their most recent resurrection in 2003, they are now celebrating 100 years since their founding, with a reincarnation of their original vehicle – the Morgan 3 wheeler. Not only is this vehicle a throwback to their early history, but thanks to its 3 wheel configuration, it’s not technically a car…Since it’s not a car – it’s only held to the motorcycle safety and emissions regulations. That translates into more fun!
- Engine: V-Twin (think custom motorcycle engine)
- Displacement: 2L (2000 cc in motorcycle language – much more impressive)
- Horsepower: 82 hb
- Zero to 60: 6 seconds
- Weight: 1200 lb (that’s less than half what a new Honda Civic weighs)
Get more of this great content sent directly to your inbox
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- Engineering a Table From 1000 Ft of Denim and 20 Gal of Epoxy [VIDEO] - November 7, 2023
- Case New Holland Chooses CADENAS To Provide Strategic Parts Management Solutions - November 7, 2023
- Engineering the World’s Smallest Nerf Gun - October 13, 2023