This Three Wheeled Terroor isn’t Techinically a Car…So What is It?Once upon a time there was a little automobile manufacturer that did things a lot differently. How different? How about wooden frames? Aluminum bodies spaped like u-boats? Air-cooled motorcycle engines on the outside of the body? Yes, we’re talking the iconic British manufacturer Morgan – who have come and gone more than a few times over the 100 or-so-year history of the motor vehicle. They always manufactured vehicles with craftsmanship and quality at the forefront, even though that didn’t always translate to sales. Started in 1911 – Morgan originally went out of business in 1959. With their most recent resurrection in 2003, they are now celebrating 100 years since their founding, with a reincarnation of their original vehicle – the Morgan 3 wheeler. Not only is this vehicle a throwback to their early history, but thanks to its 3 wheel configuration, it’s not technically a car…Since it’s not a car – it’s only held to the motorcycle safety and emissions regulations. That translates into more fun!
- Engine: V-Twin (think custom motorcycle engine)
- Displacement: 2L (2000 cc in motorcycle language – much more impressive)
- Horsepower: 82 hb
- Zero to 60: 6 seconds
- Weight: 1200 lb (that’s less than half what a new Honda Civic weighs)
Subscribe Today!Get more of this great content sent directly to your inbox
The following two tabs change content below.
Marketing Manager at CADENAS PARTsolutions | A graduate of the Richard Farmer School of Business Marketing at Miami University in Oxford Ohio, Adam has years of experience in marketing and design for a variety of industries. He enjoys many outlets for creativity including working on custom cars and guitars. He’s also a fan of Formula1 racing and the Cincinnati Bengals. Adam currently lives in Ohio with his wife Stephanie and daughter Nora, as well as his dog Hudson and the family cat Astro.
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- Looking back: The 2019 Industrial Marketing Summit at Content Marketing World - September 26, 2019
- CADENAS PARTsolutions Presents the Inaugural Industrial Marketing Summit at Content Marketing World 2019 - April 2, 2019
- Engineering Two Guitars from 2000 Colored Pencils - February 13, 2019