Upgrade Your Racing Game with This Easy-to-Assemble DIY Project.
Wouldn’t you like to upgrade your racing experience? T-slot extrusion manufacturer 80/20 Inc. released their new Xtreme DIY project that car enthusiasts will love: The Racing Simulator Rig.
There are many other racing simulator rig designs you can find online. But, you don’t want your rig to look the same as everyone else’s, don’t you? You want your design to be original.
80/20’s simple project design, you can customize your rig to your exact specifications. And because 80/20 uses accessible and affordable materials, including t-slots and fasteners, it’s easy to assemble and modify it in the future. Hello, cup holders!
In the video above, 80/20 walks through the basics of creating your own custom racing simulator. You’ll learn how to design, refine and assemble your own rig using t-slots and other accessible parts. And visit 8020.net to download the full project plan.
Here are the components you’ll need:
- An adjustable seat mount
- A strong and flexible T-slot frame
- Pedal mounts
- A wheel stand
- An adjustable monitor stand
In case you needed more inspiration to get started, check out these customized simulator rigs:
Get more of this great content sent directly to your inbox
Latest posts by Tess Sohngen (see all)
- Get to Know Your PARTsolutions Team: John West - February 24, 2020
- How 3D Part Models Changed the Industry and Prepare Manufacturers for the Next Decade — Q&A with CTO, Doug Korneffel - February 19, 2020
- Infographic: 6 Marketing Initiatives to Take Today Based on Engineers’ Buying Behavior In 2020 - February 18, 2020