Five reasons why online CAD downloads are for your industrial marketing plan.
As more and more industrial manufacturers embrace the power of online CAD downloads, as a key component of their marketing plan, some of those toward the rear of the adoption curve still question the value to their organization.
Online CAD downloads are a unique solution to the paradigm shift which marketers are facing in today’s promotional landscape. Many tactics which marketers have relied upon for the past 10, 20 or 30 years, are no longer available or effective to today’s industrial consumer. These aging tactics have become obsolete, cost prohibitive or just simply no longer work.
There are literally dozens of reasons why component manufacturers move their marketing focus to online. I have outlined five great reasons why you should consider adding online CAD downloads to your marketing mix.
Five reasons to add online CAD downloads into your marketing plan
5. Your work is already done – Your engineering department has already created the basis for your online CAD catalog with their designs, so your work is already done. You really just need to select the key products to include in the catalog and begin the process of having CADENAS PARTsolutions author the configurable models within the system. The next thing you will need to do is a QA review before you release the parts online.
4. Engineers will come to YOU – You no longer need to have an “outbound” approach for every marketing activity. Once your online CAD downloads are live, engineers will FIND YOU to get the parts they need. Sure, it’s a great idea to promote this new capability to the masses, but as part of your eCATALOG package with CADENAS PARTsolutions, your full catalog will be available on 50 PARTcommunities worldwide.
3. Engineers select vendors based on CAD availability – Engineers, like everyone else, want the path of least resistance. When asked “will you choose one part supplier over another because they offer native CAD models?” 57% responded YES.
2. They don’t just download, they buy too – Engineers download parts to speed up their design process, but they are also specifying that part into design and their BOM. 77% of the time, when an engineer downloads a part from a configurator that part ultimately gets purchased for the final assembly.
1. Your competitors have them – You’ve seen the proof. Engineers buy the parts they download and they favor vendors who supply online CAD downloads. Designers need to design, and they will get parts form their project someplace, if not from you, then from your closest competitor. Don’t make it easy on the competition, get your marketing plan up-to-date with the premier online CAD download technology from CADENAS PARTsolutions.