See 3 of the all-time craziest stunts performed by today’s most methodical motor maniacHe hasn’t done a stunt since March of 1980, but there is a reason that Evel Knievel is internationally known as the most infamous daredevil stuntmen of all-time. And, it has nothing to do with his scientific approach or preparation. Evel Knievel was known for his “grip it and rip it” approach to his breathtaking stunts. A friend of his described his attitude toward preparation saying, “he would show up, take a shot of wild turkey and do the stunt.” Evel did more than 140 stunts throughout his career (84 chronicled on his Wikipedia page) and was over 90% successful. It’s the 10% that made him a legend. Evel Knievel was lucky to survive each of his 11 spectacular crashes. Three of his biggest stunts were just one-upped by today’s #1 international madman, Travis “Wonderboy” Pastrana. Pastrana has a much more scientific and methodical approach to his stunts, albeit with a similar degree of broken bones and concussions. Travis Pastrana honored legendary daredevil Evel Knievel by attempting three of his most dangerous feats in Las Vegas, Nevada, all while riding a modern-day recreation of the motorcycle Knievel used. These include:
- Breaking Knievel’s record jump over 52 cars (Pastrana jumped distance of 143 ft.)
- Breaking Knievel’s record jump over 16 full size buses (Pastrana jumped distance of 192 ft.)
- Becoming the first person to successfully jump the Caesar’s Palace fountain on a bike similar to the one Knievel used 50 years ago – an attempt that ended with a crash that left Knievel grasping for life. (Pastrana jumped distance of 149 feet with only 200 ft. run-up)
Subscribe Today!Get more of this great content sent directly to your inbox
The following two tabs change content below.
Marketing Manager at CADENAS PARTsolutions | A graduate of the Richard Farmer School of Business Marketing at Miami University in Oxford Ohio, Adam has years of experience in marketing and design for a variety of industries. He enjoys many outlets for creativity including working on custom cars and guitars. He’s also a fan of Formula1 racing and the Cincinnati Bengals. Adam currently lives in Ohio with his wife Stephanie and daughter Nora, as well as his dog Hudson and the family cat Astro.
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- Industrial Strength Strategy: How I increased leads 800% with Content Marketing - July 10, 2019
- Achinta Mitra Will Be a Keynote Speaker at the Industrial Marketing Summit - May 9, 2019
- CADENAS PARTsolutions Presents the Inaugural Industrial Marketing Summit at Content Marketing World 2019 - April 2, 2019