SAI Global, a worldwide distributor of information services and solutions for managing risk, today announced an agreement to distribute the ASME B18 Digital Fastener Catalog worldwide. SAI Global and PARTsolutions will work together in pursuit of other digital industry standards as a part of their strategic relationship. ASME, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, is a not-for-profit organization promoting engineering around the globe, focusing on education, knowledge and standardization to further the engineering profession.
The ASME B18 Digital Fastener Catalog is a result of collaboration between ASME and CADENAS PARTsolutions to fill a need within the engineering community. Now using SAI Global’s market leading Standards Management Platform called i2i, the ASME B18 Digital Fastener Catalog can be linked to national and international engineering standards from ASME and other leading organizations. The 3D catalog replaces several painstaking manual tasks with a few point-and-click selections, placing CAD models of ASME B18.24 fasteners right at the engineer’s fingertips. Engineers are accustomed to referencing ASME standards as text or a static PDF, which could be labor intensive when incorporating into a digital design. CADENAS PARTsolutions takes the ASME standard fastener catalog to a new level by enabling engineers to integrate 3D CAD models directly into their design to test form, fit and function and for inclusion in the bill of materials for purchase. Making use of the 18 digit ASME PIN code (part number), the 3D Parts Catalog can be utilized as a digital reference guide or as a powerful addition to an engineering CAD system, with the ability to automatically provide the CAD model for ASME B18.24 standard fasteners. Although the catalog runs completely independent of any CAD system, the catalog itself can generate 3D solid models of fasteners in virtually any native CAD format. This drastically decreases design time while increasing design and bill of materials accuracy. Key Features:
- Configure a new fastener and PIN by selecting all the possible features and options
- Assign material and finish properties
- Provide 3D dynamic visualization of fastener before placing into design
- Automatically download native CAD model of any fastener in virtually any CAD system, 2D views or 3D models. Graphics formats for documents and illustrations can be created as well.
- Decipher existing 18 digit PIN codes into a complete description of fastener.
- Link to the actual Standard document within the i2i Platform.
The following two tabs change content below.
Marketing Manager at CADENAS PARTsolutions | A graduate of the Richard Farmer School of Business Marketing at Miami University in Oxford Ohio, Adam has years of experience in marketing and design for a variety of industries. He enjoys many outlets for creativity including working on custom cars and guitars. He’s also a fan of Formula1 racing and the Cincinnati Bengals. Adam currently lives in Ohio with his wife Stephanie and daughter Nora, as well as his dog Hudson and the family cat Astro.
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- Engineering the $1.5M Room Divider using a Pagani Zonda R - August 6, 2018
- Engineering Insanity: Watch Travis Pastrana One-up Evel Knievel at His Own Game - July 10, 2018
- Viessmann Adds Its 3D BIM Product Catalog to the CADENAS PARTcommunity - March 20, 2018