Cincinnati, OH – June, 2014 – CADENAS PARTsolutions is demonstrating the power and versatility of their Standard Part Management (SPM) platform at PTC Live June 15-18 in Boston, MA. Working as a standalone platform or in tandem with a PLM system, such as PTC Windchill, the PARTsolutions SPM software enables engineers to streamline their parts selection and engineering processes. PARTsolutions Strategic Parts Management gives engineers the power to search, sort and classify their standard parts, like no other platform can. “PARTsolutions SPM is brings added versatility and flexibility for users of any PLM system, including PTC Windchill,” says Tim Thomas, CEO of CADENAS PARTsolutions. “We enable large organizations and multi-cad environments to work more closely with one another, and to work more closely with their purchasing department. By cleaning up their ‘jungle of parts,’ they can prevent expensive errors and duplicates and move their business forward in a much more streamlined manner.” PARTsolutions parts management technology platform supports SPM initiatives by providing a single authoritative source for all standard part types (supplier, industry and internal standard parts). Using the PARTsolutions SPM platform, companies are able to re-use existing parts and reduce their parts footprint which results in substantial savings. PARTsolutions is also accessible to procurement so they can help guide engineering to specify preferred parts and vendors, enabling significant cost savings. Implementation of SPM technologies establishes enterprise-wide standardization for all part types, resulting in:
- Elimination of duplicate partsReduction of engineering re-work
- Increased productivity
- Guided selection of company approved parts and suppliers
- Part data visibility across all systems (ERP, PLM, PDM and CAD)
- Compliance for industry standard / commodity parts
- Greater order accuracy and procurement efficiency
- Supplier Standards: Parts externally sourced to be used in combination with other parts and result in a complete product structure. For example, parts like bearings, resistors, cylinders, switches, springs, connectors and other off-the-shelf items that are typically purchased from a supplier to fulfill standard functions.
- Industry Standards: These are parts manufactured in accordance with specifications and inspected for conformance by standards developing organizations (SDOs). These are usually fasteners such as screws, nuts, and rivets. These represent what is sometimes considered a “commodity part” and sourced from a variety of sup pliers, often driven by price and availability. Although less glamorous than other standards, industry standards are critically important as they are specified for use in critical, life-or-death applications.
- Internal Standards: Parts you make internally rather than buy. These are the components which are fabricated and assembled along with purchased parts to make your final product or system.
The following two tabs change content below.
Director of Marketing at CADENAS PARTsolutions | A graduate of the Richard Farmer School of Business Marketing at Miami University in Oxford Ohio, Adam has years of experience in marketing and design for a variety of industries. He enjoys many outlets for creativity including working on custom cars and guitars. He’s also a fan of Formula1 racing and the Cincinnati Bengals. Adam currently lives in Ohio with his wife Stephanie, daughter Nora and son Otto.
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- How a Brennan Industrial Fitting is Made Built to Last - February 11, 2020
- 3D Part Download Stats: Record Year for Manufacturer CAD Delivery (Updated for 2019) - January 9, 2020
- Mobile 3D CAD Models App for Engineers to Find, Preview and Download Component Parts - December 3, 2019