Cool Experiment in Electromagnetism Makes Small Metal Object “Possessed”
Just in time for Thanksgiving, freak out your friends and family with the haunted pop tab! Sure, there are more “haunted” holidays, but people are already expecting a scare at Halloween. Now you can catch them off guard!
This cool experiment shows just how much static electricity pumps through an old CRT TV. By harnessing the extra TV power, the tab becomes haunted and dances like crazy!
- 1 Tube type TV
- 1 piece of foil
- 2 pop cans
- 1 pop tab or small piece of metal
- 12” of thread or fishing line
- 2 wired leads with alligator clips
Pro Tip: Set up the scene to scare your family, it’s all about the prep. Bust out the Ouija board, and place the TV under the table. Run the wires to the cans on top of the table. Ask the “spirits” a question just before you flick the switch, that pop tab will dance like it’s haunted by the ghost of Jacob Marley!
Looking for High Voltage?! Look No More!
Get more of this great content sent directly to your inbox
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- Engineering a Table From 1000 Ft of Denim and 20 Gal of Epoxy [VIDEO] - November 7, 2023
- Case New Holland Chooses CADENAS To Provide Strategic Parts Management Solutions - November 7, 2023
- Engineering the World’s Smallest Nerf Gun - October 13, 2023