Cool Experiment in Electromagnetism Makes Small Metal Object “Possessed”
Just in time for Thanksgiving, freak out your friends and family with the haunted pop tab! Sure, there are more “haunted” holidays, but aren’t people are expecting a scare at Halloween? Now you can catch them off guard!
This cool experiment shows just how much static electricity is pumping through an old CRT TV. By harnessing the extra TV power the tab becomes haunted and dances like crazy!
- 1 Tube type TV
- 1 piece of foil
- 2 pop cans
- 1 pop tab or small piece of metal
- 12” of thread or fishing line
- 2 wired leads with alligator clips
Pro Tip: Set up the scene to scare your family, it’s all about the prep. Bust out the Ouija Board, and place the TV under the table. Run the wires to the cans on top of the table. Ask the “spirits” a question just before you flick the switch, that pop tab will dance like it’s haunted by the ghost of Jacob Marley!
Looking for High Voltage?! Look no more!
Get more of this great content sent directly to your inbox
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- Looking back: The 2019 Industrial Marketing Summit at Content Marketing World - September 26, 2019
- CADENAS PARTsolutions Presents the Inaugural Industrial Marketing Summit at Content Marketing World 2019 - April 2, 2019
- Engineering Two Guitars from 2000 Colored Pencils - February 13, 2019