In partnership with IHS and CADENAS PARTsolutions, innovative tool lets engineers quickly configure and download 3D CAD models of NAS- and NASM-fastener components
Arlington, VA and Cincinnati, OH – November 1, 2013 – The Aerospace Industries Association today announced partnerships with IHS and CADENAS PARTsolutions to offer authorized 3D computer-aided design (CAD) models of components based on critical National Aerospace Standards (NAS), providing a valuable new tool for engineers across the aerospace industry to accelerate innovation, shorten design cycles and reduce costs.
“AIA has a long and proud history serving the needs of the aerospace and defense industry through our National Aerospace Standards program,” said AIA President and CEO Marion C. Blakey. “The AIA NAS 3D catalog allows us to provide solutions that will help the industry design and manufacture products faster and at a lower cost. We are excited to work with IHS and CADENAS PARTsolutions, who are recognized leaders in their fields.”
AIA, the premier trade association representing the nation’s major aerospace and defense manufacturers, manages the NAS, which include widely used mechanical parts standards. These standards define the geometry and materials for millions of unique parts suitable for high-performance aerospace applications. NAS are used extensively in the design of aircraft, spacecraft, watercraft, ground vehicles, machinery and electronics.
AIA and our partners now offer 3D models of these mechanical parts standards to simplify and accelerate the aerospace design process. Key benefits include:
- Reduced modeling and design cycle times;
- Improved engineering productivity;
- Elimination of duplicated effort and rework;
- Assurance of quality through the use of authorized CAD models;
- Increased consistency in parts used on projects; and
- Greater accuracy in bills of materials.
For more information on the National Aerospace Standards program, please visit our website at: https://www.aia-aerospace.org/standards/.
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- How a Brennan Industrial Fitting is Made Built to Last - February 11, 2020
- 3D Part Download Stats: Record Year for Manufacturer CAD Delivery (Updated for 2019) - January 9, 2020
- Mobile 3D CAD Models App for Engineers to Find, Preview and Download Component Parts - December 3, 2019