Authorized 3D CAD Models of Critical AIA / NAS
Innovative tool enables engineers to quickly configure and download 3D native CAD models of NAS and NASM fastener components. (Download Fastener Technology Magazine PDF article)
Engineers are now able to quickly locate the appropriate NAS and NASM standard and then use the integrated PARTsolutions configuration tool to define, visualize and refine the required part before generating a 3D model. The model can be saved into more than 150 native and neutral CAD and graphic formats, versions and revisions, and then inserted into a computer design to be tested for form, fit and function as well as included in a bill of materials within the CAD software.
Benefits of the AIA NAS Catalog for Aerospace and Defense Industry
The key benefits of the solution resulting from the partnership of CADENAS PARTsolutions, IHS and AIA include the following:
- Reduced modeling and design cycle times.
- Improved engineering productivity.
- Elimination of duplicated effort and rework.
- Assurance of quality through the use of authorized CAD models.
- Increased consistency in parts used on projects.
- Greater accuracy in bills of materials.
“AIA has a long and proud history serving the needs of the aerospace and defense industry through our National Aerospace Standards program,” commented AIA President and CEO, Marion C. Blakey. “The AIA NAS 3D catalog allows us to provide solutions that will help the industry design and manufacture products faster and at a lower cost.”
The AIA NAS 3D standards capabilities are now available as a catalog within the PARTsolutions parts management solutions, with available integrations to all major CAD and PLM applications. The NAS 3D Catalog is also currently available in IHS Standards Expert and IHS Standards Expert with Goldfire.
Authorized digital standards are now available as configurable 3D CAD models, providing a valuable new tool for engineers. With direct integrations to all major CAD & PLM applications including: Autodesk AutoCAD®, Autodesk Inventor®, Dassault SolidWorks®, Siemens Solid Edge®, PTC Wildfire® and PTC CREO®, Siemens NX®, Dassault CATIA®, and many more. Engineers can now instantly find, configure and deploy these digital standards directly into their design.
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- Engineering a Table From 1000 Ft of Denim and 20 Gal of Epoxy [VIDEO] - November 7, 2023
- Case New Holland Chooses CADENAS To Provide Strategic Parts Management Solutions - November 7, 2023
- Engineering the World’s Smallest Nerf Gun - October 13, 2023