Launched by CADENAS, the new platform gives engineers unique search functions to find and download millions of 3D CAD & BIM models from manufacturer catalogs available worldwide
This article was first published by CADENAS.
Search engines are often the first point of contact nowadays when people are looking for information. When searching for a desired 3D component, engineers and planners quickly reach the limits of conventional search engines, the results of which are usually too general and do not lead to the desired goal. The reason is obvious: Popular search engines are not focused on the technical sector.
CADENAS has now developed a visual search engine of the next dimention. With 3Dfind.it, engineers, purchasers and architects can find millions of 3D CAD & BIM models from 800+ manufacturer catalogs available worldwide, including architecture, engineering, electrical engineering and electronics products, then download and use for their design.
The search results consist of the digital product data of components that are made available by the manufacturers for engineering, design and planning. Many catalogs offer more than 150 different native and neutral CAD formats such as Autodesk Revit, Nemetschek ALLPLAN, ArchiCAD, Autodesk Inventor, NX, Solid Edge, PTC Creo Parametric, AutoCAD, CATIA and SOLIDWORKS.
Unique search functions enable smart finding instead of searching
Engineers and architects spend 27% of their time searching for information. 3Dfind.it, the search engine for digital component data, was developed to significantly reduce search times and to increase efficiency in engineering and building planning. With intelligent functions that go far beyond the mere full-text search, 3Dfind.it is the indispensable platform for architects, planners, engineers and designers.
The following search functions are available to users:
- Parametric Text Search – High-performance full-text searches that offer proposals and corrections and logical operators (ex: allowing D <12)
- 3D Shape Search – Finding geometrically similar parts based on a reference component
- 2D Sketch Search – Receiving suitable results by sketching a simple 2D drawing of the component
- 2D Photo Search – Finding similar components by uploading a component photo
- Color Search – Filtering components with the parts library based on the color
- Feature / Topology Search (coming soon) – Finding 3D components that have the same properties and dimensions
- Search by Category like DIN/ISO/eClass (coming soon) – Filtering components according to certain categories
- Class 2.0 Search/Reverse Search (coming soon) – Find a match to an existing component in the 3D compontents library
3Dfind.it opens worldwide marketing potential to component manufacturers
As a component manufacturer, you can market your products worldwide on 3Dfind.it by providing your 3D planning and engineering data to engineers for their designers. With 3Dfind.it your products will be brought directly into engineers’ and architects’ CAD & BIM designers and the bill of materials to be ordered by purchasing Studies show that around 87% of the downloaded CAD components lead to products actually sold.
Your original data – no effort – no cost
Are you ready to integrate your 3D product data (STEP, RFA, DWG, DXF, IGES, 3DS, etc.) on 3Dfind.it and market your original data without effort to potentially more than 18 million engineers, architects and purchasers? Simply register your product catalog free of charge at www.cadenas.de/3dfind and your website will automatically be searched through for 3D CAD data.
The visual search machine for digital component data 3Dfind.it is available at:
Get more of this great content sent directly to your inbox
Latest posts by Tess Sohngen (see all)
- FAQs: Everything You Need to Know Ahead of the Industrial Marketing Summit with Adam Beck - August 16, 2019
- Burger & Brown Engineering Launches New Website for Smartflow Product Downloads at ManifoldBuilder.com, Powered by CADENAS PARTsolutions - August 13, 2019
- Looking Skyward – How rFlight is partnering with TE Connectivity to build a personal aviation vehicle - August 5, 2019