“Honestly, it’s impossible.”
“Tony Stark was able to build this in a cave with a box of scraps!”
“Well, I’m sorry. I’m not Tony Stark.”
— “Iron Man” (2008)
What seems impossible is never impossible for Tony Stark. He went from stomping around in a clunky contraption to saving the universe in a sleek apparatus, and it only took him about 85 tries to get there.
Fans will argue all day about which Iron Man suit is best. If we look at tech alone, the final “Endgame” suit obviously wins, but if we look at each suit’s individual contributions toward getting Stark to “Endgame,” as well as pure nostalgia, the debate gets interesting.
The CADENAS PARTsolutions marketing team chose five prominent suits and asked everyone in the company to rank each. Here’s the consensus:
#1: Mark III, from “Iron Man”
· Made Iron Man an official superhero.
· First suit to have the classic red and gold paint.
· First armor designed for battle. Equipped with missiles, flares, and miniguns.
#2: Mark LXXXV, from “Avengers: Endgame”
· Perfects features of every previous suit.
· Contains nanotechnology that lets it materialize in seconds with various weapons and tools.
· Strong enough to fight Thanos and harness all Infinity Stones.
#3: Mark I, from “Iron Man”
· Stark’s first armor.
· Stark made it with salvaged resources while being held hostage in the desert.
· Inspires Stark to become Iron Man.
#4: Mark XLII, from “Iron Man 3”
· Stark manipulates this suit remotely with chips implanted in his arms.
· The chips signal the suit’s individual parts to find Stark and assemble around him.
· Stark can also control this suit via headset.
#5: Mark XLIV, from “Avengers: Age of Ultron”
· Known as the “Hulkbuster” armor, this suit subdues the Hulk.
· Stark deploys it via satellite and attaches it onto his regular armor.
· Weapons include sedatives, replaceable parts, and jackhammer hands.
What do you think? Did we get it right? Are there suits we missed?
Get more of this great content sent directly to your inbox
Latest posts by Kelly Obbie (see all)
- Engineering a Carnival Scam: The Secret Behind the Carnival Ladder Climb - May 24, 2022
- Engineering the Force From Star Wars - May 3, 2022
- Get to Know Your CADENAS PARTsolutions Team: Mark Hornor - March 4, 2022