Milford, OH – August 20, 2012 – CADENAS PARTsolutions, a global provider of online product catalogs, configurators and 3D CAD download technology is proud to announce Tim Thomas, CEO of CADENAS PARTsolutions, as a featured speaker at the 2012 International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS) on Monday September 10 from 1:00-1:55 PM in room W-192c. Thomas will be giving his presentation titled “PURCHINEERING: Bringing Together What Belongs Together”. Drawing from years of experience in the engineering, design and manufacturing industries, Tim will be discussing ways to increase efficiencies by better standardizing parts across a global supply chain. The methods of streamlining the supply chain are based on the foundations of LEAN and JIT (just-in-time) manufacturing, with added detail to bridge the gap between engineering and purchasing using today’s cutting edge engineering software. “In order for organizations to truly save money and streamline their supply chain, they need to take advantage of the software technology available today”, says Thomas. “The entire process chain needs to access the information within the CAD and PLM systems for this to work, this is the basis of the PURCHINEERING strategy; Purchasing and Engineering working together towards a common goal.” Attendees will learn:
- Reuse of current standard and supplier parts through leveraging your investment in PLM and interoperable CAD systems
- How part catalog management provides stability to any PLM environment
- Value-driven purchasing by bringing engineering and purchasing teams together
- Review of The Boeing Company’s use of cataloging technology: A Case Study
The following two tabs change content below.
Director of Marketing at CADENAS PARTsolutions | A graduate of the Richard Farmer School of Business Marketing at Miami University in Oxford Ohio, Adam has years of experience in marketing and design for a variety of industries. He enjoys many outlets for creativity including working on custom cars and guitars. He’s also a fan of Formula1 racing and the Cincinnati Bengals. Adam currently lives in Ohio with his wife Stephanie, daughter Nora and son Otto.
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- How a Brennan Industrial Fitting is Made Built to Last - February 11, 2020
- 3D Part Download Stats: Record Year for Manufacturer CAD Delivery (Updated for 2019) - January 9, 2020
- Mobile 3D CAD Models App for Engineers to Find, Preview and Download Component Parts - December 3, 2019