Milford, OH – May 12, 2011 – PARTsolutions, LLC, a global provider of 3D part catalogs for manufacturers and enterprises, announced today that The Boeing Company has been selected as a winner of Managing Automation Media’s seventh annual Progressive Manufacturing 100 (PM 100) Awards for its implementation of its PARTsolutions 3D Part Catalog Management Software. Honored in the Innovation Mastery category, judges concluded that Boeing has achieved a breakthrough in product concept, design production or ability to deliver to customers. The Boeing Company was honored for its technology project, “Product Standards as Digital Data (PSDD),” a large-scale multi-tiered program designed to transform product standards–including specifications for standard parts, materials, manufacturing processes, design standards and tooling–from documents to technically rich digital data, delivered in multiple forms but controlled from a single source. Results of the project include an estimated $20M annually saved in first-time manufacturing quality, as well as a significant reduction in document publication libraries and CAD model libraries. The Product Standards as Digital Data project accomplished the following:
- Developed a method for defining and controlling the configuration of product standards in digital (non-document) forms
- Developed methods to publish multiple forms of product standards data (CAD models in multiple CAD vendor formats, databases, catalogs, documents, PDM item masters, and interactive process specifications) from a single source of data
- Implemented production systems to support these new methods of defining and publishing product standards
- Converted over 100,000 documents to digital XML format
- Consolidated nine company document libraries for product standards into one single enterprise library
- Standardized the document formats of eight different product standards collections into a single common format
- Retired over 30 applications for authoring and publishing product standards data into a single enterprise suite of tools.
- Lisa Bodell, CEO, futurethink
- David R. Brousell, Editor-in-Chief, Managing Automation
- Steve Bloomfield, Director of Manufacturing IT Systems, Freescale Semiconductor
- Julie Fraser, President, Cambashi
- Bill Bradfield, Director of IT, Interior Concepts
- Tim Hanley, Vice Chairman and U.S. Process & Industrial Products Leader, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Brad Heath, President, VirTex Assembly Services, Inc. (2009 PM100 winner)
- Stephen Huffman, Vice President, Strategic Accounts, Mead O’Brien, Inc.
- Larry Lapide, Research Affiliate, MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics
- George Nickel, Director, Global Manufacturing Process, Johnson & Johnson
- Robert Parker, VP, Research, Manufacturing Insights
- Sath Rao, Research Director, Industrial Automation & Process Control, Frost & Sullivan USA (Texas)
- Ben Sommerville, Chief Operating Officer, Phoenix Logistics
- James Sourges, VP, Manufacturing Automotive Sector, Capgemini
Learn More: Get These Free eBooks
The following two tabs change content below.
Director of Marketing at CADENAS PARTsolutions | A graduate of the Richard Farmer School of Business Marketing at Miami University in Oxford Ohio, Adam has years of experience in marketing and design for a variety of industries. He enjoys many outlets for creativity including working on custom cars and guitars. He’s also a fan of Formula1 racing and the Cincinnati Bengals. Adam currently lives in Ohio with his wife Stephanie, daughter Nora and son Otto.
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- How a Brennan Industrial Fitting is Made Built to Last - February 11, 2020
- 3D Part Download Stats: Record Year for Manufacturer CAD Delivery (Updated for 2019) - January 9, 2020
- Mobile 3D CAD Models App for Engineers to Find, Preview and Download Component Parts - December 3, 2019