April 22, 2011—PARTsolutions, LLC, a global provider of 3-D part catalogs for manufacturers and enterprises, and U.S. Tsubaki Inc., a manufacturer and supplier of power transmission and motion control products, recently launched the U.S. Tsubaki Attachment Chain Configurator. Created for the company’s Roller Chain Division, the U.S. Tsubaki Attachment Chain Configurator contains many of the most common attachments used in a wide variety of conveyor and packaging applications, and automates a process that has traditionally been manual and prone to errors. This new digital tool not only enables engineers and designers to create custom attachment chain configurations interactively via the Internet, but also provides users with the ability to download 3-D files in a variety of electronic formats and request a quotation. The Tsubaki Chain Configurator uses PARTsolutions’ rules-based logic to quickly configure and download high-quality product data in native CAD, simplifying the previous time-consuming and complex manual paper process of configuring standard chains or specialty attachments. More specifically, with the web-based graphical configurator, customers and partners can take the following actions:
- Interactively design hundreds of thousands of attachment chain variants by selecting graphic representations of chain sizes (pitch), types, materials, repeating sections and attachments.
- Preview the product interactively on screen.
- Download the product as a 2-D or 3-D CAD model in any of more than 85 native and neutral CAD and graphic file formats.
- Submit the configured product for quotation.
The following two tabs change content below.
Director of Marketing at CADENAS PARTsolutions | A graduate of the Richard Farmer School of Business Marketing at Miami University in Oxford Ohio, Adam has years of experience in marketing and design for a variety of industries. He enjoys many outlets for creativity including working on custom cars and guitars. He’s also a fan of Formula1 racing and the Cincinnati Bengals. Adam currently lives in Ohio with his wife Stephanie, daughter Nora and son Otto.
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- Aignep USA Launches NFPA Cylinder Configurator and On-Demand CAD Files, Powered by CADENAS PARTsolutions - June 1, 2020
- Scientifically Cheating: Engineering the Auto-Strike Bowling Ball! - May 14, 2020
- 46M Industrial CAD downloads (= sales leads) in April show the Power of Digital Tools for Manufacturers - May 13, 2020