Tell us about your role at CADENAS PARTsolutions?
JA: I work as a technical consultant at CADENAS PARTsolutions, which is a ‘jack-of-all-trades’ position. My roll includes Project Management, Software Installation and User Training, Customer Service and countless other tasks on the technical side. I also support the sales team by giving demonstrations and helping to produce presentation collateral and other deliverables.
What are some of the day to day challenges and perks of your job?
JA: The biggest challenge I face is working with the extremely varied and complex computing environments that many of our customers operate within, especially where information security is paramount. The biggest perk is the exposure to all of the various CAD software available and the opportunity to work with a strong team, including many colleagues overseas.
Tell us a little about your family?
JA: I was born in Northern Kentucky and grew up with my parents, an older brother and a younger sister in Carmel, Indiana and Cary, Illinois. I married my beautiful wife Leesa in May of 2011.
Where did you go to school?
JA: In 2007, I graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with a B.Sc. in Engineering Mechanics, and in June of that year I moved to Cincinnati, Ohio to take a job at PARTsolutions.
“The Lightning Round”
Favorite movie? The Sandlot
Best vacation ever? My honeymoon to Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula in August of 2011
Last book you read? The Name of the Wind (Book 1 of the Kingkiller Chronicles) by Patrick Rothfuss
Pets? 2 cats – Violet and The Fonz
What do you do for fun? I enjoy spending time with my wife and friends, movies, video games, and I am currently trying to convince myself that I enjoy working out.
Favorite TV station? ESPN
Food I can’t live without? Buffalo Wings
Favorite TV show? Sportscenter / NFL Football / The Big Bang Theory / How I Met Your Mother
Celebrity I’d most like to meet? Batman/Bruce Wayne
Favorite band? The Foo Fighters
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- Eaton Hydraulic Launch 3D CAD Configurator for Mill Duty Series Cylinders - April 21, 2017
- Ryerson Hyperloop Team Present Design Strategy and Process at 2017 CADENAS iForum - March 29, 2017
- CeaseFire Launch Online Catalog with Interactive 3D Visualization by CADENAS PARTsolutions - March 1, 2017
- Toshiba International Corporation Expands 3D Digital Parts Catalog with Medium Voltage Drives and Motors - February 22, 2017
- Reduce Engineering Waste: How One Engineer Doubled His Design Time by Working Smarter, not Harder. - February 8, 2017