Technical Sales Engineer – PLM Solutions
CADENAS PARTsolutions has an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and driven Technical Sales Engineer to join our growing team.
If you’re an ambitious, self-starter with a strong work ethic who is passionate about architecting and implementing enterprise software solutions for large manufacturers – and you’re looking to be a part of an innovative team with growth potential, please read on.
As a Technical Sales Engineer, you will serve as the lead technical consultant and solutions expert working closely with our account sales team and customers to define, plan and implement our parts management software platform within existing system architectures including PLM, ERP and CAD systems.
- Consult directly with customers and prospects to understand, research, assess, analyze and define requirements and specifications.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance by answering technical questions from customers and sales team.
- Write business proposals, statements of work, and respond to RFQs, RFIs, and RFPs
- Create reusable pre-sales assets (software demo environments, scripts, technical presentations) for use in customer demos.
- Travel to customer sites to lead workshops and demos.
- Perform analysis of customer objectives and requirements to develop business proposals.
- Be an effective liaison between customers and the project teams, providing requirements, objectives, and customer insight.
- Understand and dissect customer workflows in order to implement our software into the customer processes.
- Develop detailed and professional Statements of Work specific to client requirements.
- Create process workflows and write detailed technical specifications.
- Create comprehensive development and project plans
- Present proposed solutions to customers and various presentation formats.
- Program, test and deploy customizations into a client’s environment.
- Ongoing support and customization for active projects and past projects.
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database and programming technology.
- Evaluate interrelationships between programs to determine change implications to other programs or systems in the environment.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and customer approvals.
- Interface with customer/users to gain understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Write and maintain supporting documentation.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2-10 years experience as a technical sales consultant in enterprise environments.
- Experience architecting and integrating software solutions into existing PLM, ERP and CAD environments.
- Ability to create high quality, customer-facing documents, roadmaps, plans, proposals, statements of work and presentations.
- Knowledge of PLM/PDM engineering processes and logistics management.
- Strong client demo and presentation skills to various audiences.
- Entrepreneurial work ethic, self-starter and fast, adaptive learner
- Great listening, communication, analytical and people skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization (both internally and on the client side) from executive leadership, to technical teams to sales executives.
- Willingness to take on challenges and to develop solutions with minimal supervision
- oriented and organized
- Flexibility and willingness to take on other duties as required
- Travel: Up to 25%
Your Technical Skills:
CADENAS PARTsolutions software products are structured in multiple executables that interact through configuration files and Visual Basic Scripting. The successful candidate will have a good understanding for user process models and how to translate the process model into a customization and implementation plan.
You will be well versed in writing software integrations between our platform and any databases supporting CAD/PLM and ERP systems.
Server Platforms: Windows
PLM Environments: Siemens Teamcenter, PTC Windchill, and/or Dassault Enovia
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or another relevant field of study.
What’s in it for you:
You’ll work with a talented team of great people who are passionate about developing, marketing and selling technologies that help businesses run smarter. You’ll also enjoy:
- Collaborative, supportive team environment
- Career growth opportunities
- Competitive salary and commission plans
- Medical, Life & Dental benefits package
- 401K contribution
- Work-life balance
- Casual work environment (we dress up when we need to!)
CADENAS PARTsolutions helps more than 800 industrial manufacturers worldwide grow their businesses using our suite of technology and service solutions. We have products that our clients love and we’re currently in double digit growth mode.
If you think you would be a fit for this position and are interested in joining our team, please drop us your resume along with a brief note telling us why you think you’re a fit for this position.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More info: www.partsolutions.com