It’s one of those things humans have been looking forward to since the 50’s. Back when the future was predicted to have hover-boards, jetpacks, flying cars and laser-cooking-rays. Society was fascinated by Flash Gordon, The Jetsons, Lost in Space and Star Wars, where all of the world’s toughest problems were solved with technology. Now that we are well into the next millennium, some of these predictions have come true and some we’re still waiting for.
What have we been waiting so patiently for? An Android-Robot to solve our Rubix Cubes, of course!
Check out the CubeStormer – Rubix Cube Solving Robot!
These CubeStormer robots are built entirely from LEGOS, and are powered by an Android Smart-Phone coupled with a specially designed app. It’s officially the World’s Fastest to solve a Rubix Cube, defeating the notorious puzzle in 5.27 seconds. That’s 58 seconds faster than the old “human” record of 64 seconds to complete the challenge.
Who knew there was an “app for that” too?
“The app uses the phone’s camera to capture images of each face of the Rubik’s Cube which it processes to determine the scrambled colors. The solution is found using an advanced two-phase algorithm, originally developed for Speedcuber, enhanced to be multi-threaded to make effective use of the smartphone’s dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 1.2GHz processor. The software finds an efficient solution to the puzzle which is optimized specifically for the capabilities of the four-grip mechanism.”
At CADENAS PARTsolutions, we love it when engineering and technology cross into our daily lives to produce something great, especially when that technology solves the REAL problems of our day (like Rubix Cubes). Fortunately, CADENAS PARTsolutions has an app which solves a real problem for Industrial Manufacturers; we help get your catalog and digital parts into the hands of more customers by taking it mobile. Contacts up to find out more about your own 3D CAD app.
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- Eaton Hydraulic Launch 3D CAD Configurator for Mill Duty Series Cylinders - April 21, 2017
- Ryerson Hyperloop Team Present Design Strategy and Process at 2017 CADENAS iForum - March 29, 2017
- CeaseFire Launch Online Catalog with Interactive 3D Visualization by CADENAS PARTsolutions - March 1, 2017
- Toshiba International Corporation Expands 3D Digital Parts Catalog with Medium Voltage Drives and Motors - February 22, 2017
- Reduce Engineering Waste: How One Engineer Doubled His Design Time by Working Smarter, not Harder. - February 8, 2017