Milford, OH – August 20, 2012 - CADENAS PARTsolutions, a global provider of online product catalogs, configurators and 3D CAD download technology is proud to announce Tim Thomas, CEO of CADENAS PARTsolutions, as a featured speaker at the 2012 International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS) on Monday September 10 from 1:00-1:55 PM in room W-192c. Thomas will be giving his presentation titled “PURCHINEERING: Bringing Together What Belongs Together”.
Drawing from years of experience in the engineering, design and manufacturing industries, Tim will be discussing ways to increase efficiencies by better standardizing parts across a global supply chain. The methods of streamlining the supply chain are based on the foundations of LEAN and JIT (just-in-time) manufacturing, with added detail to bridge the gap between engineering and purchasing using today’s cutting edge engineering software.
“In order for organizations to truly save money and streamline their supply chain, they need to take advantage of the software technology available today”, says Thomas. “The entire process chain needs to access the information within the CAD and PLM systems for this to work, this is the basis of the PURCHINEERING strategy; Purchasing and Engineering working together towards a common goal.”
Attendees will learn:
- Reuse of current standard and supplier parts through leveraging your investment in PLM and interoperable CAD systems
- How part catalog management provides stability to any PLM environment
- Value-driven purchasing by bringing engineering and purchasing teams together
- Review of The Boeing Company’s use of cataloging technology: A Case Study
The International Manufacturing Technology show, known as IMTS, will be in Chicago Illinois from September 10-15 at McCormick Place convention Center. The show will host more than 82,000 visitors and will feature more than 1,800 exhibitors from around the world.
About Tim Thomas
Tim is a founding Member and CEO of PARTsolutions, LLC (1999); he has twenty six years of CAD technology development and application experience. Previously he spent thirteen years at Structural Dynamics Research Corporation (SDRC) where he was the Director of CAD Development. He was the COO at Computer Aided Systems for Engineering (CASE) where he was responsible for all aspects of the drafting software business until CASE was acquired by SDRC in 1998. Tim’s career also included working as a design engineer at Hughes Aircraft (now Raytheon), TRW (now Northrop Grumman) and Goodyear Atomic. Tim has a BS in Mechanical Engineering from Michigan Technological University where he served as a member of the Mechanical Engineering Curriculum committee, and now serves as a Director on the Alumni Board.
About CADENAS PARTsolutions
CADENAS PARTsolutions is a leading provider of next generation 3D part catalog management and sales configuration solutions. For large manufacturers, CADENAS PARTsolutions provides centralized 3D standard part catalogs making it easy for global design teams to find, reuse, and control standard and proprietary parts. For component manufacturers, CADENAS PARTsolutions provides 3D part catalog with CAD download technology to increase sales lead generation and to ensure that components get “designed in” to OEM products. www.partsolutions.com.
Adam Beck – Marketing Manager
400 Techne Center Dr., Ste. 301
Milford, OH 45150 USA
Phone: (513) 453-0453
Fax: (513) 453-0460
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- CeaseFire Launch Online Catalog with Interactive 3D Visualization by CADENAS PARTsolutions - March 1, 2017
- Toshiba International Corporation Expands 3D Digital Parts Catalog with Medium Voltage Drives and Motors - February 22, 2017
- Reduce Engineering Waste: How One Engineer Doubled His Design Time by Working Smarter, not Harder. - February 8, 2017
- Norgren Use Interactive Product Configurator to Power eShop Experience - February 7, 2017
- 2016 Record Breaking Year for Manufacturers with 212 Million Digital CAD Model Downloads from CADENAS PARTsolutions - January 13, 2017