As the weather begins to cool off through much of the US, we begin to daydream of beaches in the Caribbean. Thinking of relaxing on the white sand along the azure water, with an umbrella drink in our hand, 80 degree weather and a slight breeze, it’s almost impossible to NOT nod off to sleep…
Unless you have a Boeing 747 landing a mere 40 feet over your head!
It’s like an elephant rollerblading on an ironing board in an obstacle course!
There’s nothing like pushing the limits of engineering possibilities. These pilots have made a science of landing a 747 on a beachfront landing strip in the tiny island of St.Martin (Saint Maartin).
How many parts are in a 747? 6 Million – half of which are fasteners
How much tubing is in a 747? 5 miles
How much wiring is in a 747? 171 miles
CADENAS PARTsolutions has worked with Boeing for a long time, and we never cease to be amazed at their precision control of such immense machines. Boeing uses CADENAS PARTsolutions software to organize another huge machine, their engineering team and their vast inventory of standard 3D parts for their products. With thousands of engineers working at facilities all over the country, standard CAD parts accessibility is essential to maintain design consistency and continuity.
Learn more about how Boeing saves millions by using CADENAS PARTsolutions standard 3D parts software
Looking for more from the St. Martin Runway?
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- JW Winco Launches New Website with 3D CAD Model Downloads Powered by CADENAS PARTsolutions - November 21, 2017
- CADENAS Supports Stuttgart Manufacturer for Premium Cars with PARTsolutions Strategic Parts Management - November 17, 2017
- DESTACO use Virtual Reality to Design and Simulate Projects Before They Build - November 8, 2017
- Know your PARTsolutions team: Derek Lorati - November 2, 2017
- Know your PARTsolutions team: Aaron Compton - October 26, 2017