Why waste all that energy paddling out, hundreds of yards, to catch a sweet wave when you can just stand there an let it come to you? Who needs physical activity, anyways? Volcom teamed up with Stab to show off just how fun an extreme it would be to put a floating dock out in the waves.
This 100 feet long plastic dock was anchored in Bali, Indonesia where some daring surfers tested it out. Since the dock was so unpredictable the surfers had to be on their A-game to make sure they stayed clear of the massive runway. Surfer, Ozzie Wright recalls, “The Dock’s been scary. At one stage I just came up, got my board, and saw it coming right at me. But I like the chaos of it.”
But danger aside, these surfers conquered “The Dock” and their tricks are absolutely mesmerizing! Paddling is officially a thing of the past, and as this trend catches on, there’s bound to be improvements down the road, but for now, don’t try this at home.
Latest posts by Laura Caudill (see all)
- Power to the People: 3D PDFs Aren’t Just for Large Organizations Anymore - September 22, 2017
- Stand Around and Catch Gnarly Waves With “The Dock” - September 21, 2017
- Meet Maslow CNC: Can it be this easy to have a home CNC router? - September 20, 2017
- New to the Family: See Colson’s Latest Addition to the Albion CAD Model Library - September 1, 2017
- “The Red Special” Engineering Brian May’s Homemade guitar - August 31, 2017