Ryerson International Hyperloop Team members Graeme Klim and Tayo Shonibare give an inspiring presentation which sparks interest and discussion from a room of seasoned engineers and executives! These young engineers are using cutting-edge tools to eliminate time wasted in the engineering process, using smaller and more agile teams to accelerate design cycles and create innovative new products.
In 2016, we announced the Ryerson University International Hyperloop (RIHT) Team, led by Graeme Klim, was using CADENAS PARTsolutions Strategic Parts Management tools to accelerate their design process. Since then, the team has been travelling the world participating in the Hyperloop competition. They took time out of their busy schedule to visit the 2017 CADENAS iForum in Augsburg, Germany, to present their design process and strategy to the audience of industry executives and engineering leaders.
The RIHT Team discuss their use of CADENAS PARTsolutions Strategic Parts Management software to streamline their Hyperloop sub-system design. The team accessed the AIA and SAE standard catalogs via the IHS Markit “standards expert” tool to vastly reduce their design time. By doing so, the RIHT team was able to focus their efforts on their primary design, instead of re-creating component parts for use within their 3D design. By eliminating the design process for standard parts, RIHT was able to successfully compete with much larger teams, and ultimately win a Subsystem Innovation Award for their Hyperloop deployable wheel system.
Learn more at www.partsolutions.com/spm
Learn more at www.ryersonhyperloop.ca
Learn more at: https://www.ihs.com/info/0114/cad-models.html
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- Bison Gear and Engineering Launches 3D CAD Catalog Built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - February 12, 2018
- Colson Group Launch World’s Largest Digital Caster Catalog built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - January 30, 2018
- Aventics Launches Catalog of Configurable NFPA Cylinders built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - January 23, 2018
- Hunt Valve Launches Interactive Actuator Configurator built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - January 11, 2018
- Brother Gearmotors Launch New Online 3D Catalog of Digital Part Models Built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - December 11, 2017