You know when you’re driving along thinking “Ugh! This car is totally useless! It only works on the earth! Why can’t I just flip the switch and soar over this traffic jam like I’m cruising in Airwolf?” (if you don’t remember Airwolf, it was like Knight Rider with the car replaced by a helicopter)
Well listen up, Elroy Jetson, because the future is now!
Thanks to these creative, Dutch engineers, you can soon purchase a vehicle to safely take you 112 mph on both air and land. It’s pretty much the coolest thing you’ll see all week, unless you have a bicycle that transforms into a jetski parked in your driveway.
Check out the Video: Just don’t forget to check the gas gauge before you take off!
On the road, the PAL-V ONE accelerates like a sports car. The razor sharp cornering makes you feel like you are skiing elegantly and effortlessly down a beautiful mountain. The PAL-V drives using the patented DVC™ tilting technology, which allows it to tilt like a motorcycle while steering like a car.
The PAL-V ONE has a very short take-off and landing capability, making it possible to land practically anywhere. When not using controlled airspace, you can take off without filing a flight plan. When airborne, the PAL-V usually flies below 4,000 feet (1,200 m), the airspace available for uncontrolled Visual Flight Rules (VFR) traffic; so there will be no interference from commercial air traffic.
Flying a PAL-V is like a standard gyrocopter. It is quieter than helicopters due to the slower rotation of the main rotor. It takes off and lands with low speed, cannot stall, and is very easy to control. The gyroplane technology means that it can be steered and landed safely even if the engine fails, because the rotor keeps auto rotating.
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- Bison Gear and Engineering Launches 3D CAD Catalog Built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - February 12, 2018
- Colson Group Launch World’s Largest Digital Caster Catalog built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - January 30, 2018
- Aventics Launches Catalog of Configurable NFPA Cylinders built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - January 23, 2018
- Hunt Valve Launches Interactive Actuator Configurator built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - January 11, 2018
- Brother Gearmotors Launch New Online 3D Catalog of Digital Part Models Built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - December 11, 2017