Virtual reality goggles and two handheld controllers can assist the design process tremendously, as part of DESTACO’s new Accelerate Digital Solutions System with its Vision Virtual Reality build tool.
When placing the goggles on, the customer is transformed to a virtual manufacturing world, where they can place their parts and build their models digitally, in a matter of minutes. The virtual models are built to exact measurements, with all the fittings pre-placed and ready to go.
DESTACO’s vision with this new virtual reality solution is to allow engineers to precisely build an end-effector based on customer supplied models. Resulting in less tooling changes, precise models and additional analysis and accuracy.
Once the part is built on the virtual reality platform the model is then placed in a robot assisted build and validation process through DESTACO. The end product is built by utilizing robot-assisted production cells, which is then validated with a laser to confirm the correct measurements and approved design.
Designing virtual systems like this can be streamlined when manufacturers use 3D CAD models from CADENAS PARTsolutions to populate the selection of components available within the virtual reality space.
3D CAD models from CADENAS PARTsolutions and Vision Virtual Reality, make the design process a breeze for engineers. These two tools used together will “accelerate your productivity,” giving the engineer new design inspiration.
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- Hunt Valve Launches Interactive Actuator Configurator built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - January 11, 2018
- Brother Gearmotors Launch New Online 3D Catalog of Digital Part Models Built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - December 11, 2017
- JW Winco Launches New Website with 3D CAD Model Downloads Powered by CADENAS PARTsolutions - November 21, 2017
- CADENAS Supports Stuttgart Manufacturer for Premium Cars with PARTsolutions Strategic Parts Management - November 17, 2017
- DESTACO use Virtual Reality to Design and Simulate Projects Before They Build - November 8, 2017