Virtual reality goggles and two handheld controllers can assist the design process tremendously, as part of DESTACO’s new Accelerate Digital Solutions System with its Vision Virtual Reality build tool.
When placing the goggles on, the customer is transformed to a virtual manufacturing world, where they can place their parts and build their models digitally, in a matter of minutes. The virtual models are built to exact measurements, with all the fittings pre-placed and ready to go.
DESTACO’s vision with this new virtual reality solution is to allow engineers to precisely build an end-effector based on customer supplied models. Resulting in less tooling changes, precise models and additional analysis and accuracy.
Once the part is built on the virtual reality platform the model is then placed in a robot assisted build and validation process through DESTACO. The end product is built by utilizing robot-assisted production cells, which is then validated with a laser to confirm the correct measurements and approved design.
Designing virtual systems like this can be streamlined when manufacturers use 3D CAD models from CADENAS PARTsolutions to populate the selection of components available within the virtual reality space.
3D CAD models from CADENAS PARTsolutions and Vision Virtual Reality, make the design process a breeze for engineers. These two tools used together will “accelerate your productivity,” giving the engineer new design inspiration.
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- Bison Gear and Engineering Launches 3D CAD Catalog Built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - February 12, 2018
- Colson Group Launch World’s Largest Digital Caster Catalog built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - January 30, 2018
- Aventics Launches Catalog of Configurable NFPA Cylinders built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - January 23, 2018
- Hunt Valve Launches Interactive Actuator Configurator built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - January 11, 2018
- Brother Gearmotors Launch New Online 3D Catalog of Digital Part Models Built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - December 11, 2017