Shiroki North America is a top-tier automotive supplier and manufacturer, producing seat tracks, door frames, window regulators and other parts for Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Mitsubishi as well as others. In an effort to reduce costs they have begun several initiatives to streamline their tooling and manufacturing processes utilizing standard CAD parts.
In addition to manufactured parts, Shiroki creates the actual fixtures and jigs required to create the components they manufacture for their clients. With help from MISUMI to standardize their components and designs, they have been able to streamline their design process, generating both cost and time-savings for the shop floor.
Brandon Johnson, Assistant General Manager of Engineering and Maintenance for Shiroki North America ads, “Once our engineers design a part to the precise dimensions and specifications required, that part is standardized to help us save time and control costs, and MISUMI assigns it a unique product number, which greatly facilitates re-ordering.”
In addition to standardizing their parts and processes, Shiroki has taken advantage of MISUMI’s CAD configurator to generate standard CAD parts for their designs. “This capability has been helpful in reducing the need for time- and labor-intensive fabrication of custom parts, whether in-house or by an outside supplier,” explains Johnson. “Also MISUMI’s CAD support, which offers automatic download of native CAD files, is a big plus for our engineers because it means we do not have to spend time drawing components − or pay an outside supplier to draw them.”
As a result of their efforts to standardize by using MISUMI’s products, configurable CAD catalog and Downloadable files, Shiroki has seen direct results to their bottom line. Adds Johnson, “MISUMI has enabled us to build a sizable machine development group and actually manufacture the machines within our own company, rather than undertake the time, hassle and expense of outsourcing. This initiative has, in fact, led our company to the largest cost savings in our history,”
Latest posts by Adam Beck (see all)
- Bison Gear and Engineering Launches 3D CAD Catalog Built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - February 12, 2018
- Colson Group Launch World’s Largest Digital Caster Catalog built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - January 30, 2018
- Aventics Launches Catalog of Configurable NFPA Cylinders built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - January 23, 2018
- Hunt Valve Launches Interactive Actuator Configurator built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - January 11, 2018
- Brother Gearmotors Launch New Online 3D Catalog of Digital Part Models Built by CADENAS PARTsolutions - December 11, 2017